Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Moate

Options
  • 26-09-2016 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭

There are proposals afoot to limit parking in Moate to 2 hours. What do people think?

I'm ok with it as long as it remains free.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

As long as parking in Moate is adequate, then I'm all for it. Otherwise, the town needs additional off street parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I think it would be adequate if people weren't leaving there cars there all day. However there probably is a need for at least a small off street car park as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Absolutely, but I haven't been to the town on a busy day in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Train station car park is always empty.

Understandable, but that may be used as part of the cycle path. If it's barely used however, then I'd make use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Train station / cycleway car park is a long walk from the town. If anyone is carrying anything they have bought in the town it's just not close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've noticed it is difficult to get parking in Moate, I hadn't realised it was due to all day parking as I'm usually just passing through the town or just nipping in for milk etc. I usually park behind Supermacs when I'm in. Can people who park in the town all day not park beside the community centre?

One of the problems is that everyone is trying to park as near to Supervalu as physically possible. The redevelopment of the old courthouse with the plaza or whatever it's called with the benches, flower pots and bollards took a few parking spaces away from there. I like the redevelopment (could do with some colour, plants, flags, I dunno), but it's unreal how people just abandon their cars for the sake of getting some groceries. Don't even start me on people using or blocking the disabled parking space outside the shop. My husband has actually called out a few people on it and got abuse thrown back at him.

It's time that Supervalu stepped up and actually provided parking spaces for its customers.

Advertisement