Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD or HDD?

Options
  • 25-09-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Im in the process of picking parts for my second pc build. Ive never used an ssd before but know how they work and the advantages and such. In my first build i had a WD 1tb HDD.
    I only have enough money to get either a 240GB SSD or a 1Tb HDD. What do I go for speed or storage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

SSD, add a HDD at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jack kelly

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The difference an SSD makes over a regular HDD is just insane and should be the first upgrade to any system in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭LeBash

SSD, add a HDD at a later stage

+1

240gb will do you for a few months and grab a 2 tb hdd in time and add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jack kelly

Ye makes since, thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

SSD all the way.

If it was 128GB vs. 1TB there might be a case to be made, but anything else: SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just adding my agreement. I recently switched from HDD to SDD and it's pretty awesome. PC virtually insta boots and loading into games etc is much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Never have I had any single upgrade so drastically improve my PC than when I switched to SSD a few years ago. Do it.

Advertisement