Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Suggestions

Options
  • 25-09-2016 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im in need of upgrading my CPU, which in turn requires me to likely upgrade my Mobo & RAM (Currently have a i3 2120)

Im really liking the specs on the i7 6800k, can anyone recommend a good Mobo & RAM combo to complement it.

I play mostly games, no animation or rendering. I dont really intend to SLI, and im working with a 700 euro budget to cover CPU+MOBO+RAM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually, you could just get a 3rd gen i5 or 2nd gen and above i7, both still excellent for the latest games. i7-2600 goes for around 100-120, 3rd gen i5 goes for around 80.

Guy has both here, the 2600K for 100 is a great price. i5-3570 as well for 80 which is still a very solid processor.

Put the bulk of your money then towards an excellent graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jazzmcd wrote: »
    Im in need of upgrading my CPU, which in turn requires me to likely upgrade my Mobo & RAM (Currently have a i3 2120)

Im really liking the specs on the i7 6800k, can anyone recommend a good Mobo & RAM combo to complement it.

I play mostly games, no animation or rendering. I dont really intend to SLI, and im working with a 700 euro budget to cover CPU+MOBO+RAM

What GPU do you have?

What model of power supply?

Advertisement