Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Ireland vs the Revenue

Options
  • 24-09-2016 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Ordered a new Opel a couple of months back. Got an email on Wednesday to say it had arrived at the dealer, and that it'd be registered on Thursday morning. Great says I, let me know the reg when it's done so I can sort out the insurance and pick it up.

Thursday morning comes and goes. Thursday afternoon I get a call to say there's an issue with the Revenue's 'new system' for registration, so I'll have to wait till Friday lunchtime.

Friday morning I get another call to say there's an 'issue with Opel Ireland and the Revenue', and my car won't be registered until it's sorted. They were unable to suggest when that might be.

Anybody know what gives? I presume this is an issue specific to Opel (unpaid taxes?!), and that the whole registration system hasn't ground to a halt for everyone... or has it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

calum wrote: »
    Ordered a new Opel a couple of months back. Got an email on Wednesday to say it had arrived at the dealer, and that it'd be registered on Thursday morning. Great says I, let me know the reg when it's done so I can sort out the insurance and pick it up.

Thursday morning comes and goes. Thursday afternoon I get a call to say there's an issue with the Revenue's 'new system' for registration, so I'll have to wait till Friday lunchtime.

Friday morning I get another call to say there's an 'issue with Opel Ireland and the Revenue', and my car won't be registered until it's sorted. They were unable to suggest when that might be.

Anybody know what gives? I presume this is an issue specific to Opel (unpaid taxes?!), and that the whole registration system hasn't ground to a halt for everyone... or has it?

Stat code probably wasn't set up right.

Revenue have changed the registration system recently, and its not just Opel - had the same issue getting a Passat registered last week.

Is it something slightly out of the ordinary?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

It's an Adam, which are all built to order because you can customise the bejeesus out of them. So yes, it's probably a little bit out of the ordinary in that sense.

So that's slightly more reassuring... sort of. Cheers.

Advertisement