Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Does not detect signal after New Build

Options
  • 24-09-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just completed my first build and everything was going well. I had everything in but the GPU and booted it up to test that everything was working fine as the tutorial I was following said to do.

Everything was working and I was updating the motherboard Bios. It ran through a few different screens and rebooted a couple times and then as I had no operating system installed yet it eventually came to a screen saying 'There is no operating system detected, press any key to restart'. I assumed this was the end of the update and powered off again.

Next I installed the GPU and then made sure all the cables were fitted and closed up the panels. Now when I start the machine the Monitor says no signal detected. What do people thing this could be? Did I interrupt the Bios update by turning off the machine and if so what damage has this caused?

Any suggestions or what to check would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Have you moved the cables for the monitor to the ports on the GPU? It may not work if they're still on the motherboard ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Have you moved the cables for the monitor to the ports on the GPU? It may not work if they're still on the motherboard ports.

That was it! Thanks a lot. May be a dumb question but why is it that the monitor will only work with the GPU port now and not the original mother board port? What will I be able to use the motherboard hdmi port for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

IrishIrish wrote: »
    That was it! Thanks a lot. May be a dumb question but why is it that the monitor will only work with the GPU port now and not the original mother board port? What will I be able to use the motherboard hdmi port for?

You can change the settings in the 'BIOS' ...... which video output takes priority and whether only one or more are enabled.

Specific settings are dependent on the manufacturers firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

IrishIrish wrote: »

if your gpu is better than the motherboard gpu there is no real point using the mobo.

Advertisement