Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locations in Munster?

Options
  • 23-09-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi down in Munster for the next week just wondering could anyone recommend any interesting supposedly Haunted locations preferably in Cork City or Limerick.But if anyone knows of good sites in Kerry or Waterford that be great as well thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Css189

Are you looking for locations that are open to the public? or ruined/abandoned locations? I suggest Cork City Gaol which is open to the public,Cork Asylum which is abandoned. Elizabeth fort is free and open to the public and is full of history.The Franciscan well pub is supposedly haunted as well.If you are able to travel a bit Timoleague abbey is a great spot,Carrigaphooca castle,Ballinacarriga castle,kilcrea abbey and castle all great spots to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jcollins1000

Thanks for that.Went to the fort and gaol yesterday had a lovely time really impressive views from the fort.Do you know of any paranormal legends connected to the fort?? as i could not find any on google.Gonna pop into Ballincollig and kilcreas hopefully if the weather holds up to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

If you're passing through Tipperary/Offaly you should check out Leap Castle.
    http://www.hauntedrooms.co.uk/product/leap-castle-roscrea-co-offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Css189

Some legend of a women seen on the battlements.Were a paranormal group here in Cork who have investigated the fort on many occasions if you want to send me on a private message i can send you on some of the stuff we got there

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jcollins1000

Cheers guys will do.And thanks Mollyb60 have always wanted to visit Leap may look into it now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Its just outside my hometown of Roscrea. I don't believe in any of this stuff but its a genuinely spooky place. And the owner is a laugh.

Advertisement