Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one here writing any plays?

Options
  • 23-09-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

How did they get on?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wrote two short pieces back in the spring.

One had only 3 major characters and 1 bit-part, and lasted just about 10 minutes. Some young actors in college did a great job with it. They really brought the comedy to life. Not bad at all considering they only had 12 hours from first meeting in the morning to getting the show on-stage in the evening.

The other had 6 characters and would have been very challenging on a budget of exactly €0.00, with the necessary scenes and props taken into consideration. We adapted it into a screen play for a short film, but the editor/director had a thesis to finish so the film hasn't been fully edited yet. Great experience for all involved (acting, working with cameras, lights, mics, editing scripts, cutting scenes, adapting dialogue, battling with the elements, etc) and something I'd definitely recommend.

I've had a few ideas for drama since then but haven't had the drive or focus to start working on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

I have wrote two plays. Put them on three times funded by myself in three theatres. What i will say is that it is very hard work and not as rewarding as you would think as the fun goes out of it when the realities of getting people to watch theatre comes to the fore. If i am doing anything in the future it will be one night only in a pop up theatre that isn't a traditional theatre if you know what i mean and just improvise with sound and lights.

Advertisement