Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycle a gas cylinder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Your local recycling centre would take it . Alternatively you could put it in your local free ads paper if you have one or give it to your nearest Calor agent. If it's in a poor state you could turn it into a BBQ but make sure all gas is completely gone before cutting or welding. If you want to bring it to Wexford I'll happily take it off your hands and let you pick a bag of apples to bring back with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Take it to your local calor dealer for a refund.....you normally pay a deposit for the first gas bottle you get and then just exchange the bottle and pay for the "refill"

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

One of my colleagues converted one into a wood burner stove for his campervan! Small & neat and gives off a wopper amount of heat for the size of it. Even does his cooking on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

hytrogen wrote: »
    One of my colleagues converted one into a wood burner stove for his campervan! Small & neat and gives off a wopper amount of heat for the size of it. Even does his cooking on it

Pictures ? ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Keeks wrote: »
    Take it to your local calor dealer for a refund.....you normally pay a deposit for the first gas bottle you get and then just exchange the bottle and pay for the "refill"

They don't give refunds as it encourages theft

• Advertisement

Pictures ? ; )
    c34oMl6 I hope that works
    Otherwise try this link http://pin.it/c34oMl6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

hytrogen wrote: »

Without proper equipment this is a very risky idea

Without proper equipment this is a very risky idea

Oh totally, sure he said you'd better make sure that bottle is well drained fully before going anywhere near it with a blowtorch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I've heard of someone converting an empty gas cylinder for a sauna. The instructions did say to "rinse very thoroughly before cutting" LOL
    Didn't say HOW to rinse very thoroughly - how would you get into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I've heard of someone converting an empty gas cylinder for a sauna. The instructions did say to "rinse very thoroughly before cutting" LOL
    Didn't say HOW to rinse very thoroughly - how would you get into it?

Just open the valve at the top slowley letting any residual gas out and then fill with water

• Advertisement
Advertisement