Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build €500

Options
  • 23-09-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, in need of some help. Myself and some others are buying a Pc for a friend for his birthday. We have a budget of around 500 and would love some help. I can try my hand at building it myself but I'm not too sure of the parts.

1. What is your budget? 500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? It'll be mainly for the likes of Football Manager and stuff like that, nothing crazy. Internet etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, not sure if he likes 10, but can see what the budget allows for.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? At the moment we will be using an old keyboard,mouse and monitor and looking to upgrade those in the future.

5. Do you need a monitor? No.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Not sure what resolution is atm, will update later when I find out.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc. No, not for the time being.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Won't be necessary for what he'll be using it for.

8. How can you pay? Card/Paypal/Bank transfer.

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Westmeath, should be ok with building it.

Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated.
    Kevin

Comments

Advertisement