Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation maths and college?

Options
  • 22-09-2016 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm currently in 5th year and I'm worried about what courses I can do with foundations maths,will I have to try and move up to ordinary or is it too late?
    I would be interested in an ecology course or something along those lines but ordinary math is a requirement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Foundation Maths severely limits the courses you get to choose to at third level, so having Ordinary would be an advantage.

Given you're interested in doing an Ecology based course, which is Science based, all Level 8s would expect you do OL and do quite well on it.

Is there any reason for you doing FL? Did you do OL for the Junior Certificate? I'd advise talking to your current Maths teacher in school and telling them you're interested in moving up to OL, see what they think. You can always move down if you find the going tough.

Here's a list of course in Ireland which accept FL Maths, look through them to see if courses you are interested in appear in them.

I recommend doing OL though, it will open a lot more doors for you.

Advertisement