Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Duty from Russia

Options
  • 22-09-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Good evening,
    Does anybody have any info on importing heavy goods from Russia?
    I'm close to beginning a new venture after the awful recession and have offers of investment from 2 different people - I'm trying to work out if I need them at all!
    The last piece of my jigsaw is a Russian machine, one which cannot be bought here. Its a sawmill/woodwork machine costing roughly 20k euro including delivery. I'd like to ascertain how much extra it'll roughly cost to import/clear her?
    As an add-on question - I de-registered for VAT years ago. Is it in my best interest to re-register before I import the machine or wait? I do have 3-4 months of set up and production before I can realistically trade properly, so am unsure about this.
    Many thanks,
    David.

Advertisement