Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rig!

Options
  • 22-09-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Built my first machine 3 years ago or so with the lovely help of this forum and I'm now looking to get some help to build my second... I've built 3 other machines in the meantime for family members but all budget and a while go so I'm well out of the loop for specs for the last 18 months or so...

Looking for a new build, currently couch-gaming on a 1080p TV and using it for lots of streaming but will be moving back to a monitor at some point, really like the idea of the superwidescreen ones from looking around.

1. What is your budget? €1800 (without monitor)
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? TV substitute and gaming (fairly wide range, Football Manager, Cities Skylines, Driving games, GTA etc...)
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD, fairly sure the rest is long outdated.
    5. Do you need a monitor? Not for now.
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Will go for the peripherals outside of this I think.
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes
    8. How can you pay? All the usuals.
    9. When are you purchasing? Late October or November
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Should be ok fingers crossed!

*Only caveat is that I am limited to buying through Scan.co.uk...

Any and all help greatly appreciated as always :)

Advertisement