Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willis Towers Watson

Options
  • 22-09-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Anyone here ever worked for Willis Towers Watson? (Or Willis group, pre merger).

Specifically, I'd like to hear from anyone who may have worked in the general insurance arm. Are they a decent company to work for? Is there much scope to move around within the company? Has there been any noticeable change in organisational culture since the merger???

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

To answer your questions in order

Yes, Yes, Yes and it depends on the role/section

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

To answer your questions in order

Yes, Yes, Yes and it depends on the role/section

Thanks for that. 2 straight yeses ain't bad. As for question 3, I suppose what I'm asking is would there have been a noticeable shift towards 'American style' practices/culture. A bit of a vague question I know but perhaps you might care to elaborate. I understand of course if you're reluctant to talk about your former/current employer, even if it's all good.

Gracias

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Yes - the culture is quite American I suppose. Not really a shift, it was always like that.
    For example, in order to name things consistently throughout the company, often American type words are used.

Not sure why you ask, or whether that is a pro or a con for you, but there is an bit of an American flvaour.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Yes - the culture is quite American I suppose. Not really a shift, it was always like that.
    For example, in order to name things consistently throughout the company, often American type words are used.

Not sure why you ask, or whether that is a pro or a con for you, but there is an bit of an American flvaour.

Wouldn't make a huge difference to me either way. They could get me to say the pledge of allegiance every morning for all I care!

I just think it's always a good idea to throw some feelers out for any company you're thinking of applying to.

Thanks again man

Advertisement