Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Boyle - The Untold Story

Options
  • 22-09-2016 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Hi Friends,

This is the second of the two documentaries that I'm posting. This is the work of Gemma O'Doherty.

This about the missing child case of Mary Boyle, who went missing in Donegal. Also worth a watch.

regards,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭PlamenDon

Isn't there a thread here about this.

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056953778

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

The two ex gardai featured have gone back on their statements. She did not mention that when interviewed on kilkenny radio recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Did they? Gemma O'Doherty gets a lot of criticism from Mick Clifford in his review of the documentary. He dismisses it as mostly hearsay

Did they? Gemma O'Doherty gets a lot of criticism from Mick Clifford in his review of the documentary. He dismisses it as mostly hearsay
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/suspected-mary-boyle-crime-scene-trampled-upon-at-time-1.2762184

Gemma is a silly egotistical woman, using Mary Boyle to try to rescue her career. She is always right and everyone else is always wrong, whingging about an illegally parked car in Donegal. She says she is a multi award winning journalist. So seemingly she include the two she was on the short list for and the winning one was a travel article.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

The two ex gardai featured have gone back on their statements. She did not mention that when interviewed on kilkenny radio recently

They shouldn't have made them in the first place then.

• Advertisement

They shouldn't have made them in the first place then.
    I do not want to get into debates with people from the other thread. I gave reasons why i opted out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've just watched it. What do you guys think? I'm not really sure what was hinted at. At times they seem to imply the uncle was up to no good ie when he didn't respond initially to the mother fretting that Mary was missing and then that his story about her following him couldn't have been as he'd described it as she couldn't have crossed three stone walls unaided. Then his reluctance to call the guards at the lake.
    Another thing I was confused at....the man who got into the car to cry about the disappearance to Martin Collins... the narrator said at that part of the documentary that he was 'related to the suspect' but there was no suspect mentioned up to that point...or did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Gemma O Doherty is a very poor "journalist". Documentary is poor and full of maybes.

She appears to have aligned herself with a certain group in society who want to believe wild conspiracy theories and to be seen as sticking it to the state and /or authority.

Its unfortunate that this tragic case is being used by these groups of people to further their own agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oh right..I had no clue. I'm no wiser after watching anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Gemma O Doherty is a very poor "journalist". Documentary is poor and full of maybes.

She appears to have aligned herself with a certain group in society who want to believe wild conspiracy theories and to be seen as sticking it to the state and /or authority.

Its unfortunate that this tragic case is being used by these groups of people to further their own agendas.

Ignore agendas. And ignore O Doherty.

The case deserves scrutiny.

The last person known to see her alive gave their account to the Gardai.

It is concise.

It amounts to "she was there one minute, she was gone the next".

Since the documentary one of the ex detectives has alleged that MB was murdered, and it was covered up, the other has admitted misgivings over the quality of the initial investigation.

Yet the official Garda investigation has not progressed from treating it as a missing persons case.

And there is reluctance from the local coroner to hold an inquest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement