Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce son to heros

Options
  • 22-09-2016 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭

I wanted to get superhero comics for the young lad. Was thinking batman or superman, along those lines. Do i just start with issue 1 of a character or any suggestions of the best way to get them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

If you're looking for single issues over collections then a lot of books in the new DC Rebirth line are great. I'd personally recommend Superman, Trinity, Black Beetle, Supergirl or Justice League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

And any local comic store will sort you out or post them to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

As mentioned above, the DC Rebirth titles would be a good place to start, as all the titles were recently rebooted, so it should be easy to pick up the first issues.

The current Superman run is fantastic and is as much about Superman's young son discovering his powers than anything else, so that would be a good one for him.

Supergirl is a lot like the TV show of the same name, so would be suitable for a younger reader I think.

Justice League is kind of the comic book equivalent of a blockbuster movie, so he'd probably like that.

The new run of Teen Titans starts soon, may also be worth checking out.

The Batman stuff can be a bit heavy sometimes. So depending on how young your boy is it may not be suitable.

Advertisement