Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crossfit & heavier on the scales

• 21-09-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So I'm looking for some advice. I'm female 5' 7" early 30's . I started crossfit 3 months ago & love it! I've seen an improvement in so far as what I can do in each class & I feel so much stronger & body confident. But what niggling me is the weight gain on the scales. I didn't start it to lose weight but to tone up what I have. I've nearly really carried weight, always fluctuation between 10 stone 2 pounds & 10 stone 8 (heaviest) depending the time of month & year. But I'm now weighing in @ 10 stone 12 & that's first thing in the morning. Everyone keeps telling me its muscle but is that the case? I'' dreading my next doctors visit when I have to jump up on the scales? My measurements are the same & if anything my Clothes fit r better. It's the age old female longing of wanting to be lighter!! I keep hearing stores of people who've lost 2 & 3 stone , what am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Hi Teacup,
    I'd be guessing people would be right about it being muscle. You've turned your fat into muscle, which would account for being slimmer (clothes fitting better) but heavier. When I started I weighed the same after a year of doing it, but I was 1-2 dress sizes smaller!
    At your height/ weight you probably didn't have a lot of body fat to begin with? people who do it and lose 2 or 3 stone would initially have had a lot more fat on their body than you!
    There was a post online somewhere about it a while back where people started working out, and looked smaller but weighed more due to losing fat and building muscle.. I think it was on instagram with the hashtag #screwthescales.. you're doing great! don't let it discourage you :)

Advertisement