Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about moving to Carlow

Options
  • 21-09-2016 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi, myself and the missus are considering moving to Carlow Town. I'm just wondering what Green Lane is like? Specifically the Sycamore and Beechwood Road estate. It looks close to St. Mary's Park, so we wouldn't want to be living too close to anti-social behaviour coming from there.

Any thoughts on the area? The houses on sale there are priced lower than i'd have expected... so i'm wondering what the catch is.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Green Lane is the main road in to Carlow from the Dublin side so can be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Nothing wrong with the area or people . It would be one of the older housing estates so insulation might not be the best in the houses . It is close to Askea schools or the presentation schools both primary and secondary . I remember my father pulling sugar beet there before the houses were built . Occasionally I would walk through there from the Askea side and there are no issues with anti social behaviour . There are allotments and a Soccer pitch on the green area between it and St Marys park which would have a mitigating effect on anti social behaviour . I am from the country but my wife is from that area and people with connections to the area tend to buy houses there . A lot of the residents of St Marys Park would be on walking aids at this stage . Its close enough to the town so you can walk or cycle in .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nice part of Carlow town, one of the better areas. That area up towards Oakpark and near the Tennis club is lovely too

Advertisement