Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan to Leeson St - Bus or Train??

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Have been offered a new job in the city centre (Leeson St Lwr) and I am trying to work out the best way to get there. Have checked the trains and its a 20minute walk from Pearse which I don't mind but I might change my mind when winter kicks in.

Has anyone used the Bus Eireann 101x? There is a bus that goes to Wilton Terrace for 8.58, would that be reliable enough for me if I start at 9am?

Also need to check the costs too frown.png

Balbriggan to Leeson St
    Hours will be 9 - 5.30

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Does the 101x use the port tunnel?
    If not and goes in through Whitehall, I'd say the train to Pearse is handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Train all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

Does the 101x use the port tunnel?
    If not and goes in through Whitehall, I'd say the train to Pearse is handier.

Yep goes through the tunnel :) I've never gotten this bus before so no idea of Id get a seat or if its always on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

I used the 101x a few times earlier in the year and it was reliable. Two buses leave Balbriggan at 8 so you will get a seat. I'd take it ahead of the train.

Thanks! Does it stop at all stops? Might have to park in church car park so wondering if there will still be seats left by that stage.

• Advertisement

That's where I got it from. Don't forget to use a leap card to save money on fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AndyPandy123

Get the train into Pearse, then take a Dublin Bike up closer to your office.

Unless it's raining

Thanks everyone! So many options :)

Advertisement