Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JA Amount?

Options
  • 21-09-2016 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Could anyone tell me if possible how much I may be entitled to...

I am a 28 year old married woman and my husband is self employed for the last 6-7 years.
    His accountant said he earns approximately €249 a week, based on his yearly earnings
    We have 2 children, 5 years old and 6 months

I recently finished up my Maternity Benefit of €230 and received my P45 yesterday, from my employer, as I was on a CE Scheme for 3 years, earning €208 and this ended during my Maternity Benefit.

Today I went to my local welfare office with all the documents I had.
    The lady that dealt with me, said that I had 2 options
    1) Job-seeker's Benefit of €121.40
    2) Job-seekers Allowance, which would be means tested and I may be then entitled to more money.I also got extra forms to fill out.
    They would not tell me how much more, I may get.
    My husband and I agreed to try the means test option.

Could anyone tell me and also does the claim take long to process?
    I will be meeting next week with the Inspector,to be means tested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

If you are not actively seeking work at the moment because your busy with the little ones would you not consider applying for Family income supplement instead? I think you'd get around the same amount as social welfare and you're not hassled to go on job schemes, courses etc? It's just a thought.

Advertisement