Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer Not registered Apprentice With FAS/SOLAS

Options
  • 20-09-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I began working as an apprentice this year in March.After three weeks of working with my employer he gave apprenticeship registration papers which I filled out and returned to him along with the necessary documents. I thought from then on I was signed on.

Upon ringing FAS the las day too see what was the hold as to why I hadn't received a date for my induction day, they told me they had never received any forms from my employer and had no record of me being signed on as an apprentice. I rang my employer on several occasions after that , but he won't answer the phone.

I want to know is there any way that I can get the time back that I have worked with my employer to go towards my apprenticeship. I'm 24 living living in my own and just about scraping by each week on first year wages so loosing out on 5 months and starting from scratch is really a nightmare I don't want to think about .

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

*I know this may not be not the write forum didn't know where to post*

Advertisement