Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEX sales

Options
  • 20-09-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering does anyone know if CEX would buy a box of gadgets, consoles and games off me in one go?

If I sign up for their membership, can I just walk into a store with a box full of stuff and sell it? I need to get rid of some items that I'm not using anymore. Two old 32GB iPhones (4 and 5 unlocked), an iPad 4 32GB, Galaxy Note 4, PS3 console, and 25+ games.

Would I need to contact them first or could I just turn up with it all for inspection/testing?

Anyone know if I'd be better off selling this stuff elsewhere? Sorry for all the questions.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

I'd say you could just turn up. They'd buy everything except the PS3 off ya probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aiden101 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone know if CEX would buy a box of gadgets, consoles and games off me in one go?

If I sign up for their membership, can I just walk into a store with a box full of stuff and sell it? I need to get rid of some items that I'm not using anymore. Two old 32GB iPhones (4 and 5 unlocked), an iPad 4 32GB, Galaxy Note 4, PS3 console, and 25+ games.

Would I need to contact them first or could I just turn up with it all for inspection/testing?

Anyone know if I'd be better off selling this stuff elsewhere? Sorry for all the questions.

Just go into any of there shops early enough in the day with photo id and youll be sorted out. The earlier the better to make sure its all done in the same day. You would probably get more selling it all on the likes of adverts etc but for less hassle CeX is grand. Check the website for a rough idea of what youll be getting. I used to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ASOT wrote: »
    Just go into any of there shops early enough in the day with photo id and youll be sorted out. The earlier the better to make sure its all done in the same day. You would probably get more selling it all on the likes of adverts etc but for less hassle CeX is grand. Check the website for a rough idea of what youll be getting. I used to work there.

What I did was list everything that I had on Adverts and DoneDeal and anything that I couldn't get enough for on there I brought in for a voucher in CEx. Adverts and DoneDeal can be excruciating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

i brought an ipad 1 into them a few weeks ago and they offered me €50 or €60 but only if i had the original wall plug adapter.

seems to be the same for most things as I also had an old 29" lcd monitor. Make sure you bring in the plugs and cables

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

dball wrote: »
    i brought an ipad 1 into them a few weeks ago and they offered me €50 or €60 but only if i had the original wall plug adapter.

seems to be the same for most things as I also had an old 29" lcd monitor. Make sure you bring in the plugs and cables

Minimum of 1 controller for consoles too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

dball wrote: »

Strange I sold to them an Ipod a couple of months ago, they did not ask for cables, plugs or headphones, just the Ipod itself.

Advertisement