Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza horizon 3

Options
  • 20-09-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Anyone here thinking of buying it? Seems to be getting rave reviews across the boards for the Xbox one version. Here's hoping they don't make an ass out of the PC version!

We should throw up our usernames or whatever the hell windows store uses and set up some sort of group

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I will buy it if its not on GFWL W10 Gaming App.

Not buying anything on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Unfortunately id say its a dead cert for windows store only, its a Microsoft game so definitely not steam bound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Quantum Break has been put on steam. Albeit a very long time after release, but there is hope. Would love to play the PC version, but don't want to be locked to the Windows Store, whatever way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No intention of buying anything if its on the Store, I doubt I am alone in that.

and apparently its capped at 60fps, will microsoft ever fecking learn! release the damn thing on steam and dont lock disable settings = profit

Well it seems all you to do is turn v sync off for a variable frame rate (exactly what is supposed to happen)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Better off buying xbox one version cheaper and getting pc version with it.

Looks great, in fairness, but I would prefer playing it with controller on Sofa.

Locked at 60, fair enough, but will it support ultrawide?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Better off buying xbox one version cheaper and getting pc version with it.

Looks great, in fairness, but I would prefer playing it with controller on Sofa.

Locked at 60, fair enough, but will it support ultrawide?

I doubt it. Halo 5 Forge is locked too and the FoV can't be changed either. They have said they will be updating it to unlock the fps and FoV though so hopefully they'll have the same approach to the likes of Forza. Why they would release them on PC with a locked framrate in the first plcae I'll never know.

to be fair halo 5 forge wasnt really a full on game, fps is only locked with v sync, hopefully they have ultra wide support, racing games seem perfect for it.

as for xbox one, dont own one or really want one, have a ps4 thats basically a netflix box for herself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Seventy fúcking euro. Is this a joke? Same with Gears 4 as well, wth.

Price comparison table:

|Standard|Deluxe|Ultimate
    EU|€70|€90|€100
    US|$60 (€53.79)|$80 (€71.73)|$100 (€89.66)
    GB|£50 (€58.27)|£65 (€75.75)|£80 (€93.22)

its a shame. I really want to buy this but that price is nuts for a pc game

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will likely pop up on cdkeys for cheaper at some stage.

I see NVidia are going giving gears 4 out with their cards, which is odd as I'm pretty sure Xbox uses AMD hardware but hopefully I'll be able to grab a copy that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Seventy fúcking euro. Is this a joke? Same with Gears 4 as well, wth.

Price comparison table:

|Standard|Deluxe|Ultimate
    EU|€70|€90|€100
    US|$60 (€53.79)|$80 (€71.73)|$100 (€89.66)
    GB|£50 (€58.27)|£65 (€75.75)|£80 (€93.22)

That's what our God Gabe was talking about with Windows 10 and store. Imagine if windows would have gone iOs way. Pc gaming wouldn't be that cheap anymore. Ms would make sure you payed same or more then xbox one prices.

they make same mistakes over and over with their attempts to get back into he pc gaming scene, its crazy

Advertisement