Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Medical checks before getting driving licence

Options
  • 20-09-2016 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all!

Quick question, did someone go to the doctor recently to get the Medical report for driving licence for category C or CE?
    I just wish to know what doctors are checking and how long it takes to get medical report. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Yea, twice.
    Is 2008.
    Doctor asked me if I was healthy, and asked me if red piece of paper was red.
    Upon my confirmation to above fact, he stamped the form and took 50 quid.

Then in 2012 I went again - different doctor.
    She checked my history in their system, checked blood pressure, heart rate, vision, colour vision (with the colourful dot pictures), listed to my lungs with stethoscope, etc...
    Cost €35 and got the form stamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya it's very basic.
    Both times recently, doctor did blood pressure and eye chart only.
    Once when I was 17, I went I for just the eye test as required for car licence and locum doctor made me touch toes, move hands up and down, blood pressure etc - and me a thin fit 17 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 konraado

Hi everyone, small question. If i got medical check before i got learner permit to trucks, and doctor gave it for 10 years and it is in date, do i need to go another medical check before i go to ndsl to apply for driving licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redline2015

konraado wrote: »
    Hi everyone, small question. If i got medical check before i got learner permit to trucks, and doctor gave it for 10 years and it is in date, do i need to go another medical check before i go to ndsl to apply for driving licence?

Medical cert's are only valid for one month
    For applying for new learner permits or full licence for group 2.
    So unless you pass your test within that month
    You will need another medical to get your full licence.... little tip... You can use your second same medical for your new full licence and if you want add catggorys to your learner permit like CE BE C1E

Group 2 medicals are only valid for 5 years not 10

Advertisement