Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC build

Options
  • 19-09-2016 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This PC would be based on playing games and being able to do game development for 2D and 3D games/apps

1. What is your budget? €900-€1000

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Two types. 2D and 3D game development (Unity and Unreal Engine 4 but will mostly use UE4) and gaming (Dead island, Skyrim, All Sims games, WoW, Ark, Arma3 and many more small games on steam)
    For these two types I'm going 50/50 on amount of time Ill spend on both because I'm going to do a course on game development so during spare time I can use my own game development to learn more and do some ideas/projects for PC games and android/iOS apps.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, I can do window 8 as its free to upgrade to window 10.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? I have that sorted but would like to see if the PC build can do two monitors?

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 and yes I plan to upgrade to 4K but only if the PC is compatible for it. If not that's okay I'm happy with staying for 1920x1080.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? cheap gaming mouse and keyboard. I already have razer kraken headset so I can use that for sounds.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No.

8. How can you pay? Credit card.

9. When are you purchasing? Before Christmas.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? No, I have help already for this.

Thanks guys! Hopefully it's possible to have €900-€1000 PC that's able to play small games as listed and do game development.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6400 €170
    H110m board €60
    16gb RAM €80
    500w PSU €60
    2tb HDD €80
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €70
    RX 480 €350
    Total €960 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

An RX480 won't drive 4k gaming very well at all, so if you are planning a monitor upgrade in the future, consider 1440p instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheDubliner97

Xenoronin wrote: »
    An RX480 won't drive 4k gaming very well at all, so if you are planning a monitor upgrade in the future, consider 1440p instead.

I'm more likely to stick with the current monitors anyway. Don't think I'll go 4K.

Advertisement