Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bold Font in Chrome not displaying correctly

Options
  • 19-09-2016 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

This just seemed to happen the other while using Chrome on Mac, especially when using Gmail or Google Search, all Bold text has changed to a smaller, squished looking Font type. It's as if the CSS for the font (Helvetica I think) has been changed. Is there any way to fix this??

There are 2 screenshots to show the problem.

gamilfont_zps3lokvguk.png

searchfont_zpsvlgrnacd.png
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Try clearing the browser cache and see if that has any impact? You using any weird browser extensions or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I already tried clearing the cache but no luck. No unusual add ons, nothing that I haven't been using for the past year or so. I was working with photoshop and installed some new fonts lately but that would hardly be the problem??

I already tried clearing the cache but no luck. No unusual add ons, nothing that I haven't been using for the past year or so. I was working with photoshop and installed some new fonts lately but that would hardly be the problem??

Sounds really weird. Are you having this problem across browsers or just in Chrome, just out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Uninstall the browser,
    reboot laptop , download chrome and install it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Sounds really weird. Are you having this problem across browsers or just in Chrome, just out of interest?

Its happening in Safari as well actually.

• Advertisement

I dont use a Mac myself but if its happening across two browsers then it's likely to be a setting in OSX that's gone messed up. Sorry, not much help but it might be worth a call to Apple support!

Advertisement