Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Year Maths help - two way tables ?

Options
  • 19-09-2016 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi - for fear that my daughter will think I'm an abject failure when it comes to Maths, the attached Two Way Table has me stumped. It's Q31. Can anyone please save me ?!

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

(a) + 2 4 -1 -2

5 7 9 4 3

4 6 8 3 2

-2 0 2 -3 -4

-5 3 -1 -6 -7

(b) x 1 3 -2 -5

4 4 12 -8 -20

2 2 6 -4 -10

-1 -1 -3 2 5

-6 -6 -18 12 30

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Many thanks for this. You have defended my honour and I have redeemed myself in my daughters eyes. Much obliged.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Do you know how the answers were arrived at? It's a much better result if you understand the principle (so you can repeat it with different numbers).

While I don't doubt for a second Infacteh's good intentions, it's not really helping you or your daughter to be just spoon-fed the answers (and it goes against the spirit of this forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Yakuza wrote: »
    Do you know how the answers were arrived at? It's a much better result if you understand the principle (so you can repeat it with different numbers).

While I don't doubt for a second Infacteh's good intentions, it's not really helping you or your daughter to be just spoon-fed the answers (and it goes against the spirit of this forum).

Yes - I wasn't in fact looking for the answer, just an understanding of what they meant by two way tables. Once I read Infacteh's first answer, the construct of the table was quite clear. It's a long long time since I study maths so his help in pointing me in the right direction was invaluable.

Once again, thanks Infacteh for your help.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Great stuff, job done!

• Advertisement
Advertisement