Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mortgage rates 90 LTV

Options
  • 19-09-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi

I have being mortgage approved with bank of Ireland , but I am looking at KBC and AIB and EBS

Issue is convoluted by there cash back offered

Anyone know which is the best value APR over 25 years

Or recommend any online calculators

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Amateurrunner

I'd recommend the below as a calculator to use. http://www.mortgages.ie/go/first_time_buyers/mortgage_payments_calculator

I'd also like to highlight one fact to you in case in impacts on your decision on which bank you choose. Remember KBC do not pass interest rate cuts on to current customers so the rate you enter into now will not go down (it could obviously go up if the market changes like in any bank). I'm currently in the final stages of switching from KBC to AIB as although KBC were the best rate when I took out my mortgage in May 2015 that is no longer the case. It's just something to take into account as other banks pass on any cuts to all of their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

KBC are not the only lender who has not passed on reductions in Interest rates, Bank of Ireland still have the highest standard variable rate at 4.50% as have permanent tsb and Ulster Bank is 4.30% with KBC at 4.25%. AIB and Haven are the only lenders that have passed on reductions which is reflected in their standard variable rate of 3.40%. Existing customers who are in negative equity are therefore penalised with these rates.

I'd recommend the below as a calculator to use. http://www.mortgages.ie/go/first_time_buyers/mortgage_payments_calculator

I'd also like to highlight one fact to you in case in impacts on your decision on which bank you choose. Remember KBC do not pass interest rate cuts on to current customers so the rate you enter into now will not go down (it could obviously go up if the market changes like in any bank). I'm currently in the final stages of switching from KBC to AIB as although KBC were the best rate when I took out my mortgage in May 2015 that is no longer the case. It's just something to take into account as other banks pass on any cuts to all of their customers.

Advertisement