Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic ek4 emissions

Options
  • 19-09-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi, new this forum just looking for bit of help regarding emissions for nct. I put my civic b16 ek through nct last week, and failed emissions,

engine/oil temp 110.c
    low idle co 0.67 vol% above 0.50% fail
    (751 rpm) hc 295ppm above 0ppm fail

high idle lambda 0.93 not between 0.97 and 1.03 fail
    (2700 rpm) co 2.72vol% above 0.30% fail
    hc 209 above 200ppm fail

only after test I realised a wire from air temp sensor was broke and there was not breather attached to top of rocker. does it look like lambda still bolloxed there was fuel treatment in it aswel ?

through it through the seconded time with different exhaust bigger cat new tps, air temp sensor fixed and ignition timed and went 10 times worse. went up as far as CO 10.27 HC1033ppm and lambda 0.73 he had to stop test due to the fumes
    the cat from second test condition is unknown presumable must be useless ?
    will be throwing first exhaust and cat back on for next test anyone any ideas to get emissions down ?
    would the air temp sensor have been the problem in the first test ?
    on way to second test it was a pig on juice witch I know now is more than likely due to calibration of tps sensor
    car was basically built from ground up over two years so just needs the usual slight adjustments
    any help appricated
    thanks

Comments

Advertisement