Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of applying to go back after dropping out

Options
  • 18-09-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just looking for a bit of information..

I am a former mature student and i just failed 3rd Year Marketing in college.
    I enjoyed the course a lot but just couldn't get to grips with the accounting modules so i sadly failed finance in my 3rd year. I've now decided that i've had enough but can i apply through the CAO for another course next year? I wasn't sure how the grant/fees would be effected then or if id be entitled to BTEA etc..

Can anyone fill me in to the details

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 satyrios

You can apply for anything you want through the CAO, as I understand it.

According to SUSI, if you were to change courses and attend a different undergrad course, then you would have to complete the same period of study you already did without funding (so in your case, it seems you'd have to pay through the end of 3rd year).

My guess is that you would not be entitled to BTEA (unless you had a stunningly good reason for not finishing the last course and could convince a case officer) but you'd want to talk to your social welfare local office. If they don't know, they'll refer you to the office that controls BTEA applications.

But obviously, I don't make the decisions for anybody, so I'd get onto SUSI and DSP if I were you.

Advertisement