Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard physics question!!!

Options
  • 17-09-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

HEAT AND HEAT TRANSFER

120g of copper at 100 degrees celsius is added to 80g of water in a 60g copper calorimeter at 20 degrees. If there is no heat loss to the surroundings, find the final temperature of the system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Is this your homework?

What are you finding difficult about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chris241111

adding copper to the copper calorimeter I don't know how to do it :( , which one changes temperature the copper, the copper calorimeter or the water?.

I want, just the steps involved in the question,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

adding copper to the copper calorimeter I don't know how to do it :( , which one changes temperature the copper, the copper calorimeter or the water?.

All of them change temperature. The copper loses heat and the water and the calorimeter gain heat.

Heat lost = heat gained

heat energy lost by copper = heat energy gained by water + heat energy gained by calorimeter

Thanks, I was doing that but tried it again, turns out I was doing 20 minus thetha instead of the otherway around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement