Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior psychologist considering moving to Ireland

Options
  • 17-09-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello - I am an experienced psychologist, with specializations in child/adolescent and medical/health areas. We live in the United States, where I have full licensure as a clinical psychologist. We are exploring moving to Ireland at some point. Can anyone tell me if there is a need in Ireland for more clinicians with my specialities? We were not planning on living in Dublin, but perhaps one of the mid-sized cities outside Dublin.

Secondly, are there any other psychologists who have moved to Ireland and been certified using credentials from another country? If so, how difficult was that process? All of my credentials are from fully APA-approved programs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

You would have to contact either Coru.ie (statutory regulatory body) or the Psychological Society of Ireland psihq.ie (professional association) for answers about accreditation.

CAMHS (the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service) is run by the national public health service here, the HSE. Look at HSE.ie for vacancies around the country. The HSE runs all the different kind of public health services: general medicine, mental health, intellectual disability etc etc. There are also private mental health facilities eg St Patrick's Hospital Dublin, St John of God Stillorgan Co Dublin and others around the country.

These should give you a good starting point. Good luck!

Advertisement