Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Support payment

Options
  • 17-09-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I'm separated a few years ago and paying child support payments to my ex.
    My kids are 11 and 8.
    She has a good job and earns more than I do. However she often works late and consequently my kids are with childminders a lot which I don't think is right.

We have an agreement between ourselves that she would be the primary carer and currently I have the kids 4 days out of every fortnight.

My situation has changed a bit now and I'd like to petition the court for full joint access e.g. the stay with me for a week, then her for a week.

Questions:

1. How likely is this to happen?

2. If we have true joint custody then I would also like to agree child support payments based on 50:50 sharing of expenses, rather than me just shelling out cash to her every month. How likely is this to happen?

Appreciate any and all comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 WhiteNoSugar

I updated this but it created a new post instead. Please ignore this post

Advertisement