Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday lunch in Waterford city

Options
  • 17-09-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone recommend a good place to go for lunch tomorrow? Bringing my parents and my kids out for lunch so would like somewhere nice with decent service, all recommendations appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ben98

Sabai restaurant on the mall is lovely, they do a decent Sunday lunch menu, service great, and do kids menu. (Thai restaurant)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Wham

ben98 wrote: »
    Sabai restaurant on the mall is lovely, they do a decent Sunday lunch menu, service great, and do kids menu. (Thai restaurant)

Thanks Ben, I should say though that my dad is a very traditional eater! Am looking more for a Sunday roast type of place 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The Haven in Dunmore East do a savage Sunday roast, and it's a nice spot to walk off the dinner you've just been stuffed with.
    O'Donnachas in Kilmeaden is nice too, can be busy though.
    The Granville was decent the last time I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

The Tavern on the Yellow Road do a great Sunday lunch. Roast lamb, roast beef, ribs and fish as well as other stuff. Served until 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tower Hotel sounds ideal for what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

If you're looking for somewhere right in the city No. 9 Café do lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Go Jack Meades - you wont be disappointed :

http://jackmeades.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Sunday-Lunch-Menu.pdf

Its about 2 miles outside city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Bit late but the Holy Cross is pretty daycent too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gagagoogoo

definitely someone working with/for Tower hotel, I've been there roughly ten times this year and each time have been left waiting at a dirty table and went to fetch my own menus after waiting ten mins, a joke.

Lovely decor hotel, staff and food let the place down... frozen strawberries and whipped cream for dessert YUM ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

21 the fusion restaurant in the old chez K's building close to the People's Park. Have been there for Sunday lunch on a couple of occasions and it's always a lovely meal. Huge array of options for all fussy eaters. You can have all types like a Sunday roast or a sweet and sour chicken.

Highly recommend there! (btw I have no affiliation with the restaurant just really like their food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

gagagoogoo wrote: »
    definitely someone working with/for Tower hotel, I've been there roughly ten times this year and each time have been left waiting at a dirty table and went to fetch my own menus after waiting ten mins, a joke.

Lovely decor hotel, staff and food let the place down... frozen strawberries and whipped cream for dessert YUM ;-)

Hold on a sec, you seem to have a huge dislike to the place - yet have been there 10 times this year? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

iseegirls wrote: »
    Hold on a sec, you seem to have a huge dislike to the place - yet have been there 10 times this year? :confused:

Definition of madness ...... repeating the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome :D

Advertisement