Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher or Ordinary Maths?

Options
  • 16-09-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I am currently in 5th year doing higher level maths.

I am thinking of dropping to ordinary level as I am finding HL quite tough and time consuming.
    I got a C in my junior cert at higher level

Do u think I should drop and focus on my other subjects which I am better at? What is your experience with higher maths?

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

L360 wrote: »

I would personally recommend doing 6 higher subjects as opposed to 7 as its only your top 6 subjects counted and you can allocate more time to other subjects. Only cut it if its worth your while. Don't be lazy about it.

An O1 in ordinary level is only 56 points. Where a H6 (40%) in Higher maths is 71. An this year 30% is classified as a pass! :pac:

It's easy to drop to ordinary , but you can never (really) move back to higher, talk to your teachers/ guidance councilor.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

L360 wrote: »
    Hi, I am currently in 5th year doing higher level maths.

I am thinking of dropping to ordinary level as I am finding HL quite tough and time consuming.
    I got a C in my junior cert at higher level

Do u think I should drop and focus on my other subjects which I am better at? What is your experience with higher maths?
    Thanks for any replies

As a sixth ywar who struggles with Higher maths I would tell you to give grinds a go if you can afford them! It's better to try your very best at the Hl as the extra 25 points are deadly, all you need is to get over 40 percent to get the extra 25 and that would get ya 71 points, ordinary level A is worth peanuts seriously :(

Advertisement