Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish naturalisation- international Garda checking?

Options
  • 16-09-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everybody, I am from an other member state of the EU, living in Ireland in the last 9 years now. Anybody has any experience about being checked by the Garda in the native country due the naturalisation process?
    I have an offence in my native country, happened 15 years ago. But by our laws it is still in the system. (Please don`t ask me why... We have more type of registers and those registers work together. I am in the status as I have garda clearance in my country as I am not in the "primary" register anymore.. but I am still in the "secondary" register so I can not be a policemen, soldier, etc about that... ) I am not a criminal, I`ve never been.. just happened something in the past and I am still in the "secondary register".
    So I try to find out how does the international checking works... do they check the applicants internationally at all? If anyone has any experience or idea.. please share. Many thanks. (Sorry for my non-perfect English.)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

They might. Just do the smart thing and disclose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zsozso

Thank you for your answer. If I disclose it my application will be refused for sure. I know this is the right thing to do. Anyway, I am looking for someone with experience in this situation or somebody who knows how the international garda checking works. Every answer is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

If you disclose it, point out that it was 15 years ago and you haven't had any conviction since, you might not be refused.

If you don't disclose it, and they find out, you will almost definitely be refused.

If you don't disclose it, and they don't find out, and you are approved, and then later they find out, your naturalisation might be revoked because you lied on your application.

Your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    If you disclose it, point out that it was 15 years ago and you haven't had any conviction since, you might not be refused.

If you don't disclose it, and they find out, you will almost definitely be refused.

If you don't disclose it, and they don't find out, and you are approved, and then later they find out, your naturalisation might be revoked because you lied on your application.

Your call.

This, disclose it now as your naturalized citizenship can be revoked at anytime in the future if it was obtained via fraud, misrepresentation or concealment of material facts or circumstances.

You ll be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/becoming_an_irish_citizen_through_naturalisation.html

Advertisement