Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis

Options
  • 16-09-2016 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Anybody using any shampoo thats good for seborrheic dermatitis?

I use Nizoral for the flare up but need something that i can use frequently, every day if needs be and you're not meant to use nizoral frequently and it wouldnt be cost effective if i did..

I read that "Head & shoulders Clinical strength" is meant to be really good, but i cant seem to find it anywhere local (Dublin). I'm thinking its not sold outside of the USA yet?

Anybody got any insight/help?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Have you tried Selsun shampoo? It's amazing - I haven't used it myself but I was a hairdresser years ago and used to recommend it to clients. You should be able to get it in any good pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is it Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo? I havent tried it yet, but it was on the same page the H&S shampoo above was mentioned on, is it the kind i can use every day or is it like once a week like job?

Thank you!! I'll give it a try if i find it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The blue one looks like it's very strong but there's an "original" one, I think it's yellow, and as far as I can remember that can be used more regularly. I doubt it could be used daily though, and if you're washing your hair that often you'd probably want to use something like Johnson's baby shampoo most of the time.

Yeah i tried the baby shampoo, that didnt go down too well :(

I dont wash it everyday if i can help it, every second day more like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

nix wrote: »

The green Capasal shampoo (not the brown one) is great for regular use..
    Use the brown one when you need to clear the scalp and the green to maintain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Baby shampoo had the same effect on my scalp. I'm trying T Gel shampoo on mine now. It seems to be ok for a day or so and then it's back to square one.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    The green Capasal shampoo (not the brown one) is great for regular use..
    Use the brown one when you need to clear the scalp and the green to maintain..

Have never seen capasal come in anything other than the one colour :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have never seen capasal come in anything other than the one colour :confused:

Yeah, the green is a tea tree one, the brown a more coal tar type of stuff..
    Worth checking a few chemists, I've tried loads from t-gel to nizoral etc, and found it best..
    The green one doesn't leave your hair stinking like many others, which is a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

had same problem. Tried every shampoo on market. had reaction to everything until tried MOO GOO recently. Find it great. Stocked only in some pharmacies. You can check their website for local stockist. Hope it works for you

http://moogoo.ie/seborrheic-dermatitis/

yogalady wrote: »
    had same problem. Tried every shampoo on market. had reaction to everything until tried MOO GOO recently. Find it great. Stocked only in some pharmacies. You can check their website for local stockist. Hope it works for you

http://moogoo.ie/seborrheic-dermatitis/

I was actually using moogoo for about a year and then all of a sudden its having the opposite effect :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭fighterman

Anybody using any shampoo thats good for seborrheic dermatitis?

I use Nizoral for the flare up but need something that i can use frequently, every day if needs be and you're not meant to use nizoral frequently and it wouldnt be cost effective if i did..

I read that "Head & shoulders Clinical strength" is meant to be really good, but i cant seem to find it anywhere local (Dublin). I'm thinking its not sold outside of the USA yet?

Anybody got any insight/help?

Thanks in advance

Suffered from seb derm for years. The underlying issue is the body reacting to gluten/wheat (possibly dairy in cases) and the resultant inflammation manifesting itself on the skin/hair . Topical creams, shampoos help to a very small extent but don't address the inner inflammation .

Advertisement