Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Phone Doctor in Carlow?

Options
  • 16-09-2016 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Have to get phone unlocked and software problem sorted....any recommendations on a good Phone Doctor in the town?
    Ta,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Not making recommendations but there's 4-5 maybe more within spitting distance of each other at this stage.

Starting from Doyles of the Shamrock Plaza there's (possibly) Carlow Gadget Repairs (unsure if Adam does phones but if he does, based on previous repairs for other gadgets he'd be my 1st Go To) on Tullow St. beside Penny Lane/Murphs used to be.

Further on down there's a new phone shop/service after opening up through the health shop beside the Barbers (white shopfront); think you walk through same door.

Then there's Trax in the Tumbleweed that is Carlow S.C.

There's another mobile phone shop on Potato Market beside Detail Menswear.

Across on Kennedy Ave. there's Mobile Phone Care which I've used before for an a Samsung HTC for someone & was happy enough with time it took to repair issue (screen damage I think it was) & price/value.

Coming back to Tullow St. heading down on R.H.S. this side of Tullys/Wine Buff/Minx (Tiger) there's another mobile phone/gadget repair & sales store.

Think that's them all?

Have numbers for Carlow Gadget Repairs & Mobile Phone Care if you want them, PM me because not allowed post 'em here presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Opposite Tumbleweed SC (love that :pac::pac:) on the same side as the Ken Blacks there is a shop and fell seems very good. Has sorted a few things for me. 20 quid to unlock phone and has it done in 15 min normally

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Banditkk

Hi I dropped 2 iphones into trax in Carlow a few weeks ago. They said that they both needEd new ports.
    60 euro later I brought them home and they still did not work.
    I brought them back again, this time they said they needEd new batteries
    80 euro paid and took them home and they would not work
    This shop is crazy and I woUldale not buy anything there again
    Pure cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Banditkk wrote: »
    Hi I dropped 2 iphones into trax in Carlow a few weeks ago. They said that they both needEd new ports.
    Pure cowboys

So have you paid a total of €80 or a total of €140 (€60 + €80)?

Keep your receipts & get onto the N.C.A. perhaps or Citizens Information or be pro-active and go in & demand your money back.

Go to any of the alternatives above & get a diagnosis & repair & get some quotes too by shopping around.

It may be a case of getting someone like Conor Pope of Pricewatch onto it as sometimes it's only the potential of bad publicity that'll shame these shysters into refunding you.

C.I. will have details online of your consumer rights & them or N.C.A. may have a disputes resolution service available too but at least if you have proof (and I'm conscious there's another side to this story here to be fair to Trax) of your rights then they can't be denied if you show them regarding repair/service/shoddy workmanship as appropriate.

Don't come on here & other forums (have seen your post elsewhere on social media already today/tonight) & not give Trax an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction; their HQ is Portlaoise I think so no harm giving them a ring but remember they might remember things differently to how you're portraying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Banditkk wrote: »
    Pure cowboys

Used trax myself and agree 100%. Wouldn't step into the shop again.

Other poster mentioned Adam in gadget repair, he's a good guy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Used trax myself for a screen replacement brought it back 3 times cause the screen kept popping out, still wasn't fixed ended up going elsewhere to get it glued properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

sunny2004 wrote: »

Other poster mentioned Adam in gadget repair, he's a good guy to deal with.

I got the hinges of my Laptop repaired in Gadget repair and he did a good job with a quick turnaround .

Advertisement