Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Leopard Gecko from UK to Ireland

Options
  • 15-09-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are moving from the UK to Dublin soon. We are hoping to bring our pet leopard gecko with us. I'm struggling to find out what the rules are around this. I've contacted the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine, but they couldn't help and suggested contacting the national parks and wildlife service, but after a few weeks of trying to ring them, I haven't managed to speak to anyone. Does anyone know what we need to do to bring her safely with us? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

By car in a poly/styrofoam box clearly marked non venomous and common/latin name of the species on the box then its grand. Friends do it several times a year going to/from Reptile shows in the UK/Eu etc. You can get heat packs in the chemist/camping shop etc if you feel you may need them but this time of year a Leo should be grand without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 random voice

Hi,

assume you had no problems with your leopard gecko move to ireland :-)
    would like any recommendations for your experience of suppliers of live feed in Ireland? price and timeframe are my main motivators... or are you still using a uk company?

any insight appreciated.

Advertisement