Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing PC monitor from South Korea

Options
  • 15-09-2016 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, just wondering will i get stung bad? Monitor cost €567. If i get it sent to parcel motel in England will i get around it because i think i may have to pay like €220 euro!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

justjoe wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering will i get stung bad? Monitor cost €567. If i get it sent to parcel motel in England will i get around it because i think i may have to pay like €220 euro!!!

I suppose there's a chance it could get stopped by Customs on entry.

You'd be liable for VAT on the going market rate for the product here, as well as customs duty too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 justjoe

So they dont stop everything?? Anytime i have bought from America i have been nailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Where did you get the figure of EUR 220? The duty should be zero I think, may still get caught for VAT if its pulled.

TMC99 wrote: »
    Where did you get the figure of EUR 220? The duty should be zero I think, may still get caught for VAT if its pulled.

dutycalculator.com gave me that number

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

what tariff heading did it give? Would be 8528510090 I would have thought.

• Advertisement

TMC99 wrote: »
    what tariff heading did it give? Would be 8528510090 I would have thought.

I have no idea, i just input value and shipping cost and it gave me that number

Advertisement