Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS H81M-PLUS BIOS Scramled

Options
  • 15-09-2016 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im having difficultly viewing my BIOS from the ASUS H81M-PLUS. The last time I was in the BIOS settings I had the HDMI running from the GTX 950 to the TV and it worked fine.

I dont have the GTX 950 anymore. So I am running the HDMI lead from the port on the mobo to the TV. (i5-4460 HD 4600)

When I try and enter the BIOS it becomes scrambled and I have to move the mouse cursor over the screen to unscramble it.

I have tried with 2 different TV and 2 different HDMI leads. Does the BIOS have to be viewed using a GPU?

I have searched online for a solution but the answers are pretty vague.

I have downloaded all updates and I am currently running win 8.1. Im not sure if this makes any difference with BIOS. I imagine it would not.

Here is a video of what it looks like. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p011037ZE3U&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

You might want to flash an updated bios. I don't think there is anything wrong with your setup, other than the BIOS not playing nice with your internal gpu. It is potentially fixed in a newer version of the bios. I can see updates to support Gen 4 CPUs, so that may be where your issue lies.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/H81MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Is it possible to update the BIOS through windows? I taught it had to be done through the BIOS.

You can flash from windows. There are options to put files on a USB and flash from there but it is unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Thanks for the help, So i just download these 2 files and run in this order on Win?

unless I'm horribly mistaken, please others back me up here. Just download the latest bios and flash that.

bios.PNG

Scratch that, looks like this is what you want.
    You can then use the same updater and flash the very latest bios, but I don't think you'll need to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement