Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Birth/Marriage Certifcates

Options
  • 14-09-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if modern day certificates have addresses on them?

I know birth certs from 20 years ago had the parents address and my marriage cert (won't say how long ago that was! ahem!) had my then address on it. But is it printed on current certs?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Of course they do.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yes, I got married last year and each person is asked their current and future address.

From a genealogical point of view it's a bit sad as the marriage cert is printed, even the signatures aren't on it. I have loved seeing my ancestors handwriting!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

But the certificates of the past, even when handwritten, are not your ancestors' either.

I have my parents marriage cert (mid 70s), it's not their signatures. It's just a handwritten long form copy.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

pinkypinky wrote: »
    But the certificates of the past, even when handwritten, are not your ancestors' either.

I have my parents marriage cert (mid 70s), it's not their signatures. It's just a handwritten long form copy.

Sorry yes I meant on the census rather than certs.

Advertisement