Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymun Rd to City Centre

Options
  • 14-09-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

With the DB strike on tomorrow and Friday, what are my options? Best I could find is getting the Express Bus to the airport and then get the Aircoach to the city centre but that'll cost a fortune not to mention that there isn't a guarantee of me getting a seat on the Aircoach bus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

20-30 minute cycle depending on exact starting point and destination. Easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

ED E wrote: »
    20-30 minute cycle depending on exact starting point and destination. Easy peasy.

Easy peasy if Dublin Bikes were anywhere close to Ballymun :rolleyes:

That and I don't have a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Realistically - taxi, lift or walk I'm afraid.

Or walk to Drumcondra and train from there, depending on where you're going to in the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You're pretty screwed because it was decided long ago that Dublin bus alone was sufficient for most of the northside

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ballymun to city centre is a doddle of a walk.
    I've often seen people walking passed me while stuck in traffic at smurfit, and I had seen them while passing Albert college park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

kceire wrote: »
    I've often seen people walking passed me while stuck in traffic at smurfit, and I had seen them while passing Albert college park!

Takes an hour to get from where I live to where I want to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Bus Eireann 109A DCU-Ward Cross and 103 Ward Cross - City.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1473263565-109A.pdf

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1470225086-103.pdf

A 24 Hour Red zone ticket on Leap Card would cover that both ways for €8.60.

Probably no quicker than walking and with the 109A being hourly maybe a long wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    kceire wrote: »

Takes an hour to get from where I live to where I want to go...
    Probably takes half an hour anyway without a strike? My wife has regularly walked from beside dcu into the city centre to get to work.

Advertisement