Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second chance student.

• 14-09-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi there,

I attended a course in 2011/12 but dropped out around January of 2012. I have accepted a course this year and am waiting having problems registering. I am still waiting for feedback from SUSI concerning my grant application.

After searching online some places it says that you have to wait 5 years Between the two courses while other say it has to be 5 years since you started your previous course.

Surely SUSI would of rejected my application straight away if I wasn't eligible ?

Can anyone offer any support here ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

You are not eligible as a second chance student as it is counted in academic years.

Like this:
    2011/12 Your year of college (irrespective of when you left)
    2012/13 Year 1
    2013/14 Year 2
    2014/15 Year 3
    2015/16 Year 4
    2016/17 Year 5
    2017/18 Eligible to re-apply as a second chance student having had a 5 year break from education.

Remember, even if you attended any course that leads to any level major award on the NFQ within the 5 years, you are not eligible to be a second chance student. Some apprenticeships are included in this criteria as they are now NFQ qualifications at level 6 and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

yeah was kind of dreading that answer. I just wonder why Susi haven't rejected my application yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

ak4 wrote: »
    yeah was kind of dreading that answer. I just wonder why Susi haven't rejected my application yet ?

I can't answer that question, unfortunately.

Advertisement