Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hp Dv7 1199el Quotation

Options
  • 14-09-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all I am trying to sell my laptop as I would like to buy a new more performance one
    I am trying to find out the value of my laptop but cant see anywhere someone already sold it. I tried to do a research on ebay using the Sold/completed Listing without luck

I cant put link so need to search on google there is a "cnet review" cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-dv7-1199el-17-core-2-duo-t9400-vista-home-premium-4-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-plus-250-gb/specs

How much do you think it is valued? I paid it 1200€ in 12/2008

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

dado82rm wrote: »
    Hi all I am trying to sell my laptop as I would like to buy a new more performance one
    I am trying to find out the value of my laptop but cant see anywhere someone already sold it. I tried to do a research on ebay using the Sold/completed Listing without luck

I cant put link so need to search on google there is a "cnet review" cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-dv7-1199el-17-core-2-duo-t9400-vista-home-premium-4-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-plus-250-gb/specs

How much do you think it is valued? I paid it 1200€ in 12/2008

Thanks in advance

Probably be lucky to get €150. Tiny and slow hd, tiny screen resolution, ancient CPU and GPU

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dado82rm

mordeith wrote: »
    Probably be lucky to get €150. Tiny and slow hd, tiny screen resolution, ancient CPU and GPU

Yeah I was guessing about 250€ and go down to 200€ maximum...

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say realistically anything over €130-150 would be acceptable. It's got an OK resolution screen and a 9600GT graphics card which helps if someone wanted to play old games - still an old laptop no matter what way you look at it though.

Throwing in an SSD would help from a performance of view, the CPU is still somewhat OK.

€1200 in 2008 seems very expensive to be fair, in 2009 I bought an Acer with a slightly better spec (Core 2, 6GB ram, 9600GT, 320GB HDD) for 749.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dado82rm

I'd say realistically anything over €130-150 would be acceptable. It's got an OK resolution screen and a 9600GT graphics card which helps if someone wanted to play old games - still an old laptop no matter what way you look at it though.

Throwing in an SSD would help from a performance of view, the CPU is still somewhat OK.

€1200 in 2008 seems very expensive to be fair, in 2009 I bought an Acer with a slightly better spec (Core 2, 6GB ram, 9600GT, 320GB HDD) for 749.

I can tell you... I still use it to play World of Warcraft Legion with settings at lev 4 and I get 20/24 fps if I put them at lev 1 I reach even 48 fps so is not too bad
    but you know the heat goes up while playing "couples of hours"

Advertisement