Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First job, would like help!

Options
  • 13-09-2016 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all I just started working and I am getting taxed half of my wages, which I understand to be emergency tax. I am just wondering how do i get it back in 'laymans' terms. I read the thing on revenue.ie and it didnt help im still confused so if any one can simplfy it into to steps like: fill out form xxx, send it to xxx. That would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi all I just started working and I am getting taxed half of my wages, which I understand to be emergency tax. I am just wondering how do i get it back in 'laymans' terms. I read the thing on revenue.ie and it didnt help im still confused so if any one can simplfy it into to steps like: fill out form xxx, send it to xxx. That would be great!

Thanks in advance.

If it's your first job ever, complete a form 12a and submit to Revenue to register the employment. That will allow your employer to tax you correctly and refund any overpayment of tax in your wages.
    If it's not your first employment then contact Revenue with your employers details to register the employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭carleigh

If it is your very first job, the Form 12A is no longer applicable. You have to register for My Account and enter the details under 'Jobs and Pensions'. You need the employers PAYE registration number, the date you started and your pay frequency. A tax credit certificate will then be issued to both yourself and your employer. You can no longer get a Form 12A in a public office so it will be quicker and easier to go online from the offset. If you're in any doubt call the PAYE helpline and they will advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

carleigh wrote: »
    If it is your very first job, the Form 12A is no longer applicable. You have to register for My Account and enter the details under 'Jobs and Pensions'. You need the employers PAYE registration number, the date you started and your pay frequency. A tax credit certificate will then be issued to both yourself and your employer. You can no longer get a Form 12A in a public office so it will be quicker and easier to go online from the offset. If you're in any doubt call the PAYE helpline and they will advise you.

Forgot about that. Only in since Monday.

Advertisement