Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

66x bus outbound?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what times roughly the 66x buses reach heuston station in the evening? Trying to work out the quickest way home. I work in Spencer dock and was thinking of getting a Luas up to heuston and get the bus from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

They would pass from about 1710 to 1810 or so

the issue may be that they are full

are you not better getting a train to leixlip from connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Does anyone know what times roughly the 66x buses reach heuston station in the evening? Trying to work out the quickest way home. I work in Spencer dock and was thinking of getting a Luas up to heuston and get the bus from there?

Use the national journey planner at www.a-b.ie or the Journey Planner app - it will give you times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Riskymove wrote: »
    the issue may be that they are full
    They can be full at that point alright.

I've often wondered why longer distance services like these don't get rid of intermediate stops, to stop people taking up space who are going to Palmerstown etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

hmmm wrote: »

I've often wondered why longer distance services like these don't get rid of intermediate stops, to stop people taking up space who are going to Palmerstown etc.

The minimum fares were used to do this but with commuter, rambler, Leap capping and the fare amalgamations this doesn't really work any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,887 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Vic_08 wrote: »
    The minimum fares were used to do this but with commuter, rambler, Leap capping and the fare amalgamations this doesn't really work any longer.

Sorry, I don't understand.

Surely if for example the 66X had its first stop West of Lucan it would discourage those living closer to town (Palmerstown, Liffey Valley, Lucan) from boarding. Stop them in fact. There are plenty of other routes serving those areas.

The fares are not an issue IMV.

But there may be something I have missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

hmmm wrote: »

The 66 and 67 X buses don't go into Chapelizod or Lucan Village and also cost more than usual services so to an extent they do cut down on passengers

Advertisement