Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Film Makers network?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I used to frequent a forum similar to this called filmmakersnetwork.ie. does anyone know where it has relocated to? It was a great resource.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

It has moved to Facebook as Film Network Ireland. It's still a great resource. https://www.facebook.com/groups/filmnetworkireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

Thanks Sarxos. Very very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jaydeluxe

Hey, for the record FilmmakersNetwork.ie is not Filmmakers Network Ireland although one may have inspired the name of the other. ;)

A while back we had a problem with the hosting of FilmmakersNetwork.ie which caused the site to go offline. At that point the usage of the site was in decline - mostly due to the rise of other networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. So unfortunately due to cost issues, work commitments and family time constraints the site has not come back online after the last outage. Ultimately it was just too much work for one person to keep going forever.

I would recommend joining Filmmakers Network Ireland on Facebook. Even though I don't think the Facebook platform allows for the same level of interaction/discussion as the forum FilmmakersNetwork.ie used, the FNI FB group is very active.

FilmmakersNetwork.ie was set up in 2006 and run just because I thought it would be good to have a free way to engage with other filmmakers in Ireland. At the time I noticed many Irish filmmakers were paying a yearly fee to join the UK Shooting People networking site that was of little local use. Without any support and at personal expense I set up a site to network with Irish filmmakers - something that had not been done in Ireland at least not to this scale or this successfully. It was something I felt was sorely lacking in the Irish Filmmaking community especially for emerging filmmakers and that no other Irish filmmaking organisation was providing. Other the years we organised two one day film festivals and many screenings evenings and monthly meetings between members and a number of films grew out of collaborations from the site which was great.

The site was mostly funded by myself just because I thought it would be of help to me and other filmmakers - though I should mention a number of members generously donated money to help keep the site running.

I still hold the filmmakersnetwork.ie domain and although the site will never come back in it's old form I am going to post up a proper history of the site there to document all the success it enjoyed over the years - some day!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onefortynine

There was a fella making a short film about 2 hitmen and it ended with one of them on a date. Sound familiar?
    I was halfway through doing some sound effects but I had other commitments so I had to leave it.
    Just wondering if it ever got finished/released

Advertisement