Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you guys price my old gaming PC for me?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey lads,

So I've built a new PC, and my old one is now lying there, doing nothing. I'd like to try selling it, but I need you guys to help me set a price. I know what I'd like for it but I don't know if it's too much or too little.

These are the specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @ 3.6GHz
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7870 XT (core @ 1200MHz, memory @ 1700MHz)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
    HDD: Samsung HM320II 320GB SATA3 5.4k RPM (OS) + Hitachi 160GB HTS542516K9SA00 SATA3 5.4k RPM
    PSU: be quiet! 730W Pure Power L8CM
    Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 C.O.
    Case: Lian Li Lancool PC-K63B
    DVD/CD drive: Plextor PX-891SA

Just to prove it isn't a potato, Valley results:
    avg - 45.9
    min - 16.7
    Settings:
    DX11, max textures, 4x AA, 1080p
    (I have pictures but I'm not allowed post them.)

I'd like 400euro, 350 minimum. Is that reasonable? My reasoning behind the pricing is that, if you tried to build a new PC with all of that, you couldn't possibly beat the performance.
    As you might have seen though, there is one main downside to it. The storage isn't very fast and there isn't that much, not that it's going to affect gaming hugely.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Casually looking at it and banding about some numbers in my head it goes something like this.

RAM+CPU+Mobo: 150€
    GPU: 100€ (I'm thinking this is probably a little high)
    Everything else: 150€

So yeah, I think expecting €350 with a 400 starting price is very reasonable. A simple upgrade with an SSD and this is a very capable home PC. Not something to play the latest and greatest, but perfect "casual" gaming and moba fodder.

Advertisement