Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 GPU and Monitor Upgrade.

Options
  • 12-09-2016 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

First off thanks for answering all my questions all ready about upgrading various parts of my PC incl GPU that I have asked all ready.

I sold my GTX 950 about 2 weeks ago and I was going to buy a RX 480 and possibly a freesync monitor.

But I plan on gaming a lot after xmas and would like to have a really good GPU and Monitor that I will not need to upgrade for a long time.I dont go to the pub or cinema much so I can justify the price when I consider how much hours will be spent on the monitor and GPU over the next 2 years compared to a night in the pub.

Im thinking it might be best to get a GTX 1070 and a Gsync monitor

My specs are
    i5-4460
    ASUS H81M-PLUS
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 Kit
    Corsair Builder Series CX430 430 Watt
    WD Blue Desktop 1TB

Should I upgrade the RAM to 16GB while im am overhauling the PC.
    Am I pushing it with the 430w PSU if I plan on adding a SSD as well (not incl in budget)

Can anyone recommended what I should be buying for that price? It will prob be Mid-November when I buy.

Comments

Advertisement