Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - How much do the office assistants get paid?

Options
  • 12-09-2016 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how much do post office assistants get paid? I was thinking of handing my CV, into my local post offices!

If anyone has any information please let me know :)

Thanks,
    emrk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

emrk wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I was just wondering how much do post office assistants get paid? I was thinking of handing my CV, into my local post offices!

If anyone has any information please let me know :)

Thanks,
    emrk

Company Offices, main An Post Offices, such as GPOs, are staffed by An Post employees retail Clerk and there salary is roughly 22-32k but you can only get into An Post via recruitment competitions which rarely happen...
    Most local POs are owned and run by a local postmaster...he/she simply employs staff who are really shop assistants...pay normally would be minimal shop assistant pay rates.
    You would most probably need cash handling / customer service experience at a minimum...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emrk

Zipppy wrote: »
    Company Offices, main An Post Offices, such as GPOs, are staffed by An Post employees retail Clerk and there salary is roughly 22-32k but you can only get into An Post via recruitment competitions which rarely happen...
    Most local POs are owned and run by a local postmaster...he/she simply employs staff who are really shop assistants...pay normally would be minimal shop assistant pay rates.
    You would most probably need cash handling / customer service experience at a minimum...

Thanks for the information, I would be glad of any work at this stage :) turns out one of the local post offices have advertised looking for part time staff on jobsireland, handed in my cv, lets hope for the best!

Advertisement